For those going abroad
Thing to do before traveling abroad:
• Find out if roaming is available in the country you are going to visit.
• Activate Roaming service
• Find out about roaming charges before traveling abroad! For additional information about the roaming tariffs you can contact KcellCenter or call 8-(727)-2588300 (landline), 9090 (mobile)
• Check out roaming promotions and tariff offers from our roaming partners here
• You can set a code word for your number. In case you have lost your mobile phone, contact our CallCenter by 8(727)2588300 (landline) or 9090 (mobile) and tell it to operator to get your SIM blocked.
• To set a code word, apply in writing to any of our customer centers.
• Do not forget to tell your friends and family that they will be able to reach you on your normal mobile number while you are abroad at standard calling rates (domestic on-net rates will apply)
|Kcell and Activ:||+7 701 ХХХ ХХ ХХ, +7 702 ХХХ ХХ ХХ|
|Kazakhstan landlines||+7 city code; number|
|International landlines and landlines in visited country:||+country code; city code; number|
|All other mobile numbers||+ country code; network code; number|
• Sign up for the roaming promotions and tariff offers from our roaming partners (find out more here), or contact KcellCenter, Kcell Express outlets) to enjoy favorable prices
• Using a mobile phone or a smart phone (iPhone, Blackberry, HTC, etc.) with automatically updated web apps may lead to uncontrolled data usage and, as a result, higher data charges. Please, check all the applications on your mobile phone and disable automatic updates.
• If necessary, disable CallDivert to other numbers or voice mail as for each successfully diverted call you will be charged the Outgoing Roaming Charge depending on the country you’re visiting and network selected. Call Divert to 2050 and 2055 numbers is provided free of charge in roaming.
• On arrival, turn off and turn on again your mobile phone to let it automatically select a network.
• If no network is selected or if you want to select a different operator, open your phone menu and select Networks. Read your mobile phone User Guide to find out more about selecting a different operator.
• If your phone is unable to access the roaming partner’s network, this may be due to a lack of 3G (UMTS) coverage. If your phone’s network mode is set to 3G (UMTS), the coverage area may be limited as not all of the partner networks support this standard. Such being the case, our recommendation is to set your phone’s network mode to 2G or dual mode (2G+3G/UMTS), turn the phone off and then on again, in the phone settings disable automatic network selection and manually select the roaming partner’s network. Setting the phone on dual mode will allow you to use mobile services in an effective and uninterrupted way while roaming.
• Since we are unable to charge you immediately when you are roaming, you may incur a debt. Billing for roaming charges may be delayed for up to 30 days.
• In border areas of Kazakhstan you may have roaming activated automatically. Therefore, it is important that you check the network logo on your phone screen each time you want to make a call/send SMS etc. If necessary, select Kcell network manually and set your phone to Manual Network Selection mode for as long as you stay in the border area. Or deactivate roaming at the nearest KcellCenter or Kcell Express outlet.
To the attention of smartphones holders!
Since the phone does not support automatic settings of the Internet in roaming, you are requested to check availability of settings manually. In the APN field it is required to specify the point of access to the Internet by writing down the word - internet. Absence of correct settings results in failure to provide the GPRS service in roaming.