1. Turn on
Roaming service. Service can only be activated while in Kazakhstan.
2. Find out
if there is 4G/LTE coverage in the country you are planning to visit.
3. To check if your SIM supports 4G/LTE, dial *256# (Not all roaming partners support USSD. The reasons for your being unable to use USSD while roaming may also be either an outdated SIM card or temporary technical malfunctions. We, therefore, recommend that you dial *256 # while in Kazakhstan, before going abroad)
4. Select manually LTE/3G/2G or 4G/LTE in your phone settings.
We also suggest:
- disabling automatic applications updates (iTunes Store, App Store or Play Market), Wi-Fi Assist, automatic downloads of video, audio and images in application settings (WhatsApp, Viber, etc.)
- to learn more about our services and data packages that best suit your data roaming needs.
- to make sure you have sufficient account balance as you may not be able to top up your phone while abroad.
- monitor your data usage by using the Data Usage features in your phone.
If you are not going to use 4G/LTE when roaming or there is no 4G/LTE coverage in your country of destination, you need to select 3G/2G or 2G in your phone settings.