How can I find out what Tariff Plan I am on?
To find out your tariff plan, dial *166*2#OK on your mobile phone. In reply you will be sent a SMS containing your tariff plan name and other details.
To find out your tariff plan right now, please follow this link to access My Kcell.
How can I change my tariff plan?
You can at any time change your tariff plan.
If you are a consumer:
- dial *166#OK and press button and follow the menu prompts to find out your tariff plan, learn more about other tariff plans and change your tariff plan
- submit your application attached with a copy of your ID card or passport to any of our Kcell outlets. Application must be submitted by SIM owner only.
If you are a corporate subscriber (entity), you must submit your application on your company’s letterhead bearing a company seal and signature of the authorized person. In your application, please, specify the mobile number and new tariff plan.
How often can I have my tariff plan changed?
While you are allowed to change your Tariff plan whenever you want, we would recommend that you do it no more than once a month.
We strongly advise that you switch to the tariff plans on which we charge a one-off subscription fee starting from the 1st of the month.
Change of mobile number ownership
If I let someone use my mobile number does this involve the change of mobile number ownership?
According to Mobile Services Contract, if you sell or let other persons use your SIM, such other persons must have it registered in their names.
If you purchase a SIM from someone who used it before, please, keep in mind that unless you register it in your name you won’t be able to use most of the mobile service which require user identification (such as ordering itemized bills at Kcell Сenter, SIM replacement, postpaid service and many other services which we provide based on owner’s application).
If ownership is transferred between consumers, both former and new owner must be physically present; if between entities — all the necessary documents must be duly filled out and submitted.
Where can I have a mobile number registered to a different owner?
At Kcell offices.
How can a mobile number be registered to a different person?
The former owner is a consumer and new owner is a legal entity:
- The owner (consumer) should visit any of the Kcell office (make sure to bring your ID or passport) and submit an Application. If he/she is physically unable to come, he/she can make it by proxy (in this case a notarized power of attorney will be required).
- Legal entities submit an Application prepared on company letterhead bearing the authorized person’s signature and company seal by which it confirms that it has no objections to have the number registered in its name.
- New Registration Form is filled out and the authorized person signs it and puts a company seal on it. By signing the Registration Form, the entity agrees to the terms and conditions of Mobile Services Contract.
Former and new owner are consumers:
- Both of them must visit any of the Kcell office and bring their ID cards or passports with them.
- New owner must fill out the Registration Form specifying his/her RNN, IIN. By signing the Registration Form, he/she agrees to the terms and conditions of Mobile Services Contract.
- If the number owner is physically unable to come, he/she can make it by proxy (in this case a notarized power of attorney will be required (indicating a mobile number to be registered to a new owner).
Former and new owner are legal entities:
- The former owner must submit an application prepared on company letterhead bearing the authorized person’s signature and company seal, by which it confirms that it has no objections to have the number registered to a new owner.
- The new owner must submit an application prepared on company letterhead bearing the authorized person’s signature and company seal, by which it confirms that it has no objections to have the number registered in its name. New owner fills out the Registration Form, which must be signed by director and bear a company seal. By signing the Registration Form, new owner agrees to the terms and conditions of Mobile Services Contract.
The former owner is a legal entity and new owner is a consumer:
- The former owner must submit an application prepared on company letterhead bearing the authorized person’s signature and company seal, by which it confirms that it has no objections to have the number registered to a new owner (consumer), specifying new owner’s name.
- New owner must visit any of the Kcell office bring the required document with him/her (ID card/passport, IIN and RNN) to complete the ownership registration procedure. In this case new Registration Form is filled out. By signing it, he/she agrees to the terms and conditions of Mobile Services Contract.
Can I send my application via fax or email?
Ownership change applications sentvia fax or email will not be processed.
What if both former and new owners of a mobile number live in different cities?
If both former and new owners are not able to come at one and the same time, the former owner may leave his/her application attached with a copy of his/her ID card. The new owner may apply later to any of our Kcell office to compete the registration procedure.
Can I ask other person to have my number registered with a different owner?
If owner of the number is unable to visit our Kcell office to have the number registered to a new owner, he/she may grant a third person a power of attorney to carry out all the necessary formalities specifying the number.
Can I use my driving license as an identification document?
No. Change of mobile number ownership requires the owner to produce his/her identification documents (original): consumers must bring their ID cards or passports and entities must submit a letter of application on company letterhead (original) bearing the authorized person’s signature and company seal.
Can I have my mobile number registered to a minor?
Yes, you can. In this case a parent’s written consent will be required.
How a mobile number is registered to a new owner if the former owner dies?
The number may be registered to a person who submits the original of death certificate, SIM card and other documents as may be required (ID card, RNN, IIN).
Remote SIM replacement
Remote SIM replacement service allows customers to replace their SIM cards with new one by dialing a USSD combination. You no longer need to visit Kcell/аctiv service points.
How it works?
Service is provided to customers who have:
- an active SIM card (active mobile number) and wish to replace it with new one;
- new SIM card with Activation Code printed on it.
If your current SIM card is locked or lost, you won’t be able to activate new SIM via USSD. If you have lost your SIM, contact our customer service centers or sales representatives. Make sure to bring your ID with you.
How do I use the service?
Replacement process includes three steps:
- Purchase a SIM card (200 tenge) at Kcell Centers / Kcell Stores. Or you can have it delivered to your home with our Home Delivery service. On-site Service — delivery of SIM cards and other products your purchased from us to your home or office. Service is available in Almaty, Astana, Aktobe and Turkestan.
- Using your phone and an active SIM, dial *877*activation code#ОК (activation code is shown on your new SIM). When prompted, enter PIN 2 and press the calls button.
- When the code is entered correctly, you will receive a message informing that your request is being dealt with. Once it is processed, your old SIM will be deactivated. Insert new SIM in your phone, now it is ready for use.
How can I lock/unlock my SIM?
If you have lost your phone, our recommendation is to immediately contact our Call Center to have your number temporarily locked.
Call Center Operator will lock your SIM after your registration details are verified or against your SIM lock/unlock password, if you have any.
Please, bear in mind that according to the Mobile Services Contract terms and conditions, the Subscriber is responsible to pay for the mobile communication services consumed before the Operator receives a Lost/Stolen SIM notice.
Once blocked, you can apply to your nearest Kcell office for a replacement SIM.
How can I set SIM Lock/Unlock Password?
You can set a special SIM Lock/Unlock password in order to at any time enable/disable your mobile phone. Just contact our Call Center and tell the password. The password is set upon SIM card owner’s written application.
If you are a consumer, you must attach a copy of your ID card or passport to the Application form.
If you are corporate subscriber (entity), you must submit your application on your company’s letterhead bearing a company seal and signature of the authorized person.
You can bring it to any of our Kcell office.
How to set a lifespan on SIM Lock Password?
If you want to stop using your SIM for a while, you can temporarily suspend our services by locking your SIM. In your Application you must specify the reason for suspension as well as SIM Lock start/end date.
Application must be submitted by SIM owner only.
If you are a consumer, you must attach a copy of your ID card or passport to the Application form.
If you are a corporate subscriber (entity), you must submit your application on your company’s letterhead bearing a company seal and signature of the authorized person.
You can bring it to any of our Kcell office.
SIM Replacement includes:
- Replacement of SIM card with another type of SIM card (micro, nano) with the same mobile number;
- Replacement of lost/blocked SIM card.
SIM card replacement fee for standard SIM cards — 200 tenge.
The SIM Change service is available on old terms free of charge. You can get a replacement SIM free of charge if your card is defective.
How to use
In order to use the SIM Replacement and SIM Change services, please apply to your nearest Kcell Center or our authorized dealer. If you are an individual and registered owner of the mobile number you are using, please make sure to bring your identity document with you (ID card or passport). If the mobile number is registered to a legal entity you have to submit an application written on the company’s letterhead bearing Director’s signature and company stamp.The SIM Replacement and SIM Change services are only provided to the registered owners of the mobile numbers or their authorized representatives.
When replacing or repairing Sim-cards, contact numbers previously stored in the memory of Sim-card cannot be restored.
How can I have my SIM reissued?
To have your SIM reissued, you need to contact us. While your phone number, tariff plan and other service terms will remain unchanged, you will lose all the contacts stored on your old SIM.
SIM is reissued in the personal presence of its owner who will be required to produce the original of his/her ID card, passport or driving license. Legal entities are required to submit their Applications (original) prepared on the company letterhead, bearing company seal and signature of the company head. The Application must contain the details of the contact person who is authorized to receive new SIM.
Can a SIM-user (not owner) have it reissued?
If you are not the owner of a SIM card you are using (it is not registered in your name), SIM card may be reissued upon your application if only you have provided all the necessary identification details to Operator (e.g. outgoing call details, PIN/PUK, balance recharge details, etc.).
Can other persons pick up my new SIM?
A non SIM owner is allowed to pick up your new SIM card if he/she has a notarized power of attorney granted by you (SIM owner) and his/her ID card details are similar to those specified in the PoA.
How can I control my balance?
You can use any of the methods listed below to find out your account balance whenever required:
- Kcell/activ® INFO on your phone’s menu (free of charge)
- *123*3*1#OK (free of charge)
- *100#OK (free of charge)
- Text bal to 100 (free of charge)
- Call 100 (per minute harge — 0 tenge)
Need to make an urgent call but you are out of balance
If you need to make an urgent call and you are out of balance, you can use the Call Me service to ask someone to call you back. Simply dial *130*recipient’s number (Kcell/activ®)#OK.
Or you can use the Pay For Me service to ask someone to recharge your account. Dial *131* recipient’s number (Kcell/activ®)#OK.
Can I ask my network provider to provide me with extra balance?
If you have run out of airtime, you can use Extra Balance service — borrow up to 1000 tenge from us for 5 (five) days to stay connected.
The Extra Balance must be repaid within 5 (five) days after your borrowed it. For that, top up your phone with the respective amount. After 5 (five) days it will be deducted from your account and any unused portion of Extra Balance will be cancelled. IF you fail to repay the debt in due time, your phone will be disconnected from service.
You can request Extra Balance an unlimited number of times. However, each new request will only be processed if you have no unpaid Extra Balance charges.
Why can’t I get extra Balance?
If you can not get Extra Balance:
- check if you fulfill the terms and conditions of the Extra Balance service
- check if you dial the USSD command *911#OK correctly.
If you are eligible for Extra Balance but are unable to receive it contact our Online consultant immediately.
What is postpaid service?
Postpaid refers to a payment method whereby you are allowed to use mobile communication services during one month (within your predetermined credit limit) and get billed at the end of the month. Postpaid subscribers should have their bills paid by the 27th of the next succeeding month.
If you need more info on postpaid service, you can get it from our Online consultant right away.
Detailed Billing Report is a breakdown of calls, texts and data you have used in any given period of time, i.e. you can view details of calls received, numbers dialed, date, time, duration and cost of calls you have made or sms sent as well as Internet connections. Please, note that DBR does not reflect your regular service fees, one-time fees, payments for mobile devices. Therefore, your DBR amount may differ from the amount shown in your monthly bill. DBR may be incomplete at the time it is generated due to, for instance, delays in receiving roaming details (in this case, a complete DBR will be available upon the expiration of a 30 day term).
Where to get
Get your DBR:
- From your personal profile. DBR is free for the last 90 days. You can also view it online or download as PDF or XLS file.
- In your nearest Kcell Center.
We have selected for you the most popular USSD-inquiries and presented them in the form of convenient tables. Provision of some particular services may take place based on certain conditions.